Tuesday, March 07, 2006

 

Old Guys meet.............

Made a stop for a light at the corner of King and George on my way back to the Market after dropping off customers at the Francis Marion Hotel. Looking to my right down George I see Barney the campus cop on his mountain bike with black belts, gun, badge, radio, black sunglasses, water bottle, handcuffs, ammuntion holder, bike helmet, ditty bag and mammoth gut. I'm thinking, even with a 400 pound pedicab I could out run this guy.

He pulls up to the corner and I holler over, "Want to race that thing?"

He shouts back, "Yea it's a nice day."

"I said DO YOU WANT TO RACE?"

"You want to go to what place?"

I give up, pull over so we're about 2 feet apart and say "us old people are hard of hearing. I asked if you wanted to race?"

He said, "Bet I'm older than you are."

That's a bet he lost.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?