Wednesday, March 22, 2006

 

Tourism supports the PCM............


When I drop tourists off the pedicab--hopefully after I stop--I say, "Welcome to Charleston. We love having you here. Come back anytime, and bring plenty of that green stuff. We poor people, and we need the money."

They almost always smile, which is good, cause the ride is free if you're not smiling. If people don't smile, I'm forced to tell a stupid joke and threaten to tell another if they don't smile. Even people from New England smile when threatened with the second stupid joke. Then they walk quickly away. I figure what-the-hell, I wasn't going to get a tip from a Northeaster anyway.

Comments:
Caught up on the latest blogs...Nora Ephron says there are 65,000 new bloggers every day, by the way. And not one spelling correction! Mistakes in grammar appeared to be totally on purpose, so no comment there.

Did you get a new spell checker that checks meaning and spelling at the same time????

Patty
 
I have a editor with a masters degree in english. It cost me big time, only last night I had to cook her dinner.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?