Tuesday, April 04, 2006

 

Big Money.......

Big time pedicab business this weekend starting with the 40,000 runners here for the Bridge Run. Right out of the box on Saturday morning a couple of bridge-run refugees had to get to Big John's Tavern in a hurry. They were dancing in the street before noon at Big John's. I picked up one girl at the finish line who wanted to go five blocks back down Calhoun. We had to ride about four miles to get around the streets that were shut off (she gave me $20 bucks). By 10 a.m. there were still thousands walking towards the finish. Lots of tired puppies needing a ride--we kicked ass.

At 10:30 I had a two-hour ride with some locals and their out-of-town guests. Nice people, who really enjoyed the ride. It's great to haul around folks who have plenty of money and think $50 per hour is a deal. Beats those tight wads from New England. At 2:00 p.m. I had another one-hour ride with a lady and her granddaughter who live on Church Street. I got a lot of local gossip on this ride. The PCM loves gossip.

Later, I led a group of five cabs [pictured above] for the Young Wedding at 4:45. We milked 1.5 hours out of this gig, which turned out to be mostly sitting around. In a three-day period I'll bet I made $200 off the Young Wedding--all nice people from New Jersey. Funny how they were complaining about the loud mouth, horn honkers from New York moving over to Jersey. Go figure........



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?