Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

Yvonne's story about Dink Rooster.......


I looked out my back door yesterday evening, just as the severe thunderstorm/hailstorm kicked into full swing. There sat Dink, the rooster, bravely perched on the railing of my back porch. (Note: He refuses to roost anywhere else - even the covered lean-to where I put up a nice perch for him). I couldn't stand seeing him out there - he was soaking wet and just pitiful - and being pelted by hail! Well, I guess I need to have my head examined, 'cause the next thing I know I've got him in my arms and in the house. I put a towel (a Ralph Lauren Polo insignia one, no less) across my dryer, put a few plastic shopping bags over the towel and, voila, Dink was in for the night. No cage, nothing - just the rooster sitting on top of the dryer in my back hallway. I should have taken a picture! It worked out surprisingly well. I walked by several times during the evening to check on him and pet him. He was quite content and made very little noise....until 5:20 THIS MORNING!!! His first crow scared the hell out of me. By the time I had come to my senses and stopped shaking enough to get to the hallway, he was well into his second crow. Needless to say, I didn't waste any time getting him outside - just about sunrise, I think (which, of course, gave him all the more reason to keep crowing). Unbelievable...but so darned funny I just had to share it.

No, the horse is not next. He's quite content in his barn, and I'm quite content to leave him there.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?