Friday, January 05, 2007

 

Miami Star


I've been working on the inside getting her ready to go. There were 20 years worth of spare parts; 3 spare anchors, spare sails etc. etc. etc. I cleaned out all the lockers and painted them. Also, purchased new cushions for the salon [that's saloon for my Irish friends] and painted kitchen, vee berth, settee area and rear cabin walls. Installed a new queen size bed in the rear cabin which is best money I've spent so far [$169.00 at Wal Mart and as good as the $700 mattress I sleep on at home]. I took out the old broke down reefer and have decided not to buy a new one at this time. I figure that she'll be on anchor in Charleston [no 110 power] or I'll have to buy ice when we're on the way, so a reefer won't get much work.

We've had warm weather here since early December; you'll know when we are leaving because it will get cold as hell.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?