Monday, February 26, 2007

 

Catch 22 Latin style.

Several months ago a guy from Central America has his secretary give me an urgent call because they have to have a chiller in a hurry. It takes about 2 weeks to negotiate price, get more pictures, more specifications and to do more general bull sh.t but we finally run out of barriers to doing the deal. Then I don't hear from the guy for at least 2 weeks and end up selling the chiller to someone else for more money than I quoted the Latin guy.
Then the Latin guy emails me asking for more information on the chiller. Says he's ready to do the deal and acts pissed when I tell him it's sold.
So.... we start the whole process over on another machine that I have in stock. Several weeks of more pictures, more specifications, more price negotations, more BS. Finally on Monday, last week, he says he's ready to do the deal but believes the machine is worth $1,000 less than we're asking. I roll over on the price. One week later, no word from the guy.
I've formulated a Latin Catch 22; you can't give them the machine they want, for the price they want, in the time frame they want, because they don't know what the f..k they want.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?