Monday, October 29, 2007

 

Observations


Rowing:

1. I row pass several hundred homes on my Wappo Cut/Colburg Creek/Stono River route. People are paying hundreds of thousands of dollars extra for their home for the tidal marsh view that as far as I can tell hardly anyone comes out to view. Their probably in a tube trance.

2. The tide really rips through the southwest end of Wappo cut where it meets the Stono river. Not unusually to see 2-3 foot waves caused by the incoming tide. I was rowing there the other day and got into a conversation with a guy on the shore; all I had to do is slow down my paddle stroke and we were both in one spot [I was working harder than him to keep the conversation going].


3. The marine weather forecast called for gale warning on Sunday so I was surprised that so many people were using the launch at Wappo Cut. When I got back to the landing a couple hours later, after rowing in areas protected from the wind, most had loaded up and left; guess they don't have a radio.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?