Tuesday, November 06, 2007

 

Sculls


Actually I'm talking about rowing sculls but liked this picture better than some old boat [it reminds me of open season on wave runners and my second ex].
Last weekend I rowed my first scull. These boats are less than 28" wide and you CAN NOT set in them without the ores in the water without turning over. The idea is to spend all your time in these boats with the paddles extended and in the water or a few inches from the water. Forget the rule and you'll get wet.
I managed to stay dry and enjoyed moving fast over the water. I was rowing a trainer that is 24' long, 24" wide and weight in at 50 pounds. The competition boats get in the 18" wide [my ass would hang over the side] 26' long and weigh less than 30 pounds.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?