Friday, December 28, 2007

 

A bad rendez-vous at the Renaissance


I rode up to the Renaissance Hotel downtown to wish my friends who work there a Merry Christmas. Couldn't get unhooked from my clip-on pedal and fell over in front of half a dozen customers, a couple bell hops and the concierge. Man, was I embarrassed, lying there on the pavement with a bunch of folks scrambling around trying to help and all the junk from my bike basket scattered about. The worst embarrassment of all was when I had to use my belt to tie the damn badly bent bicycle basket back on the bitch-in bike [that's what they call alliteration]. For awhile after I thought the jar to my backside fixed my bum hip, but it was just an adrenaline rush that went away. More Motrin please.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?