Saturday, January 19, 2008

 

Rain or shine


Crap weather here today. I told one of my friends from Alabama that I was taking an off day from exercise. A little later, I heard mail hit the floor from the letter drop. Darn, if a semi-government employee can get out in this stuff what kind of wimp would lay around the house? So the next time the rain let up jack and I head out. Jack got a nice nap, in the stroller, and Grandpa got a one hour walk/run. Got a little damp but otherwise had a great time.

All this reminds me of the college student who use to live with us. She would leave for school and hour early in order to park her car and catch the shuttle from the back parking lot to her first class. She could have walked in 20 minutes or rode a bike in 15--it's less than 1.5 miles from
the house.

What this country needs is some $10 a gallon gas to get folks off their ass or at least in a car pool.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?