Friday, February 22, 2008

 

X-C ride 2008

I've sign up for a van supported cross country bike ride this summer from Astoria, Washington to St. Augustine, Florida. Total miles 4,700. Here are some of the cities on the route:
Astoria, OR - Start - meet on May 31 .... loop ride on June 1
Portland, OR - June 3
Walla Walla, WA - June 7
Lewiston, ID - June 9-10
Missoula, MT June 14 and 15
Great Falls, MT - June 19 and 20
Helena, MT - June 22
Billings, MT - June 27 and 26
Custer's Last Stand Battlefield - June 30
Devils Tower, WY - July 2
Keystone (Mt. Rushmore) - July 4
Rapid City, SD - July 5
Sioux City, IA - July 12 and 13
Dyersville, IA - July 18 and 19
Hannibal, MO - July 24
St. Louis, MO - July 26 and 27
Grand Rivers, KY - August 4 and 5
Tupelo, MS - August 11 and 12
Mobile, AL - August 18 and 19
Tallahassee, FL - August 24 and 25
St. Augustine, FL - August 30 and 31
This is pretty much a not-for-profit deal and about as cheap as you can get for van support and motels. They are also offering segments of this ride for people who can't ride all the way. I was trying to make up my mind about this trip when I came accross the photo above that Tom Robertson took in Eastern Washington when we were there a few years ago.

Labels:


Comments:
Hey man, I did a 3000 mile trip over this summer to rid myself of a drug addiction/depression problem. I am currently working in Denver as a pedicab driver. It sounds like you have done your fair share of awesome stuff, and I would thrilled to speak with you about it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?