Tuesday, March 18, 2008

 

Pedicab Man tries to sell a CD.



On St. Patrick's Day there is a parade in downtown Charleston featuring the usually suspects; old cars, pretty girls, bead throwers, marching bands and lots of green. The parade ends at the Hibernia Society on Meeting Street. It's here that the bagpipe marching band plays a tune that is in keeping with their Celtic tradition--click picture on right for better view of band and Charlestons refurbished City Hall.. When they finished we all clapped --drunks with stupid green hats seemed to be the most enthusiastic clappers.
On reflection, I wonder if we were clapping for a well done ditty or because the band had STOPPED PLAYING? I mean how much bagpiping can the average person take? I'm betting most people will start going for their guns in less than 5 minutes! Later on, I mentioned this theory to women who reminded me of a bag lady dressed in green and she allowed how she just LOVED bagpipe music..... hmmmm. Maybe I was wrong? My observation was bought back to life when I offered her a CD featuring all the old bagpipe favorites for only two bucks and she declined the deal.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?