Friday, March 28, 2008

 

We're back...


The Bike Taxi business is in full bloom. Lots of folks in town for spring break and the Home and Garden Tours. We got busy today, so busy I didn't have anyone available to pick up these two ladies and had to ride from Poogan's Porch
to the Maritime Center and do it myself--this long of a haul is usually not necessary because someone will be closer to take the dispatch. These nice ladies are from St. Louis and on vacations with friends.


Today, I made $20 on my first ride and $15 on the second, then had to work my ass off on about 5 rides to double up. I tell people, when they get out of the cab, to send their friends to Charleston and tell them to bring plenty of the green stuff, cause we just poor folks and need all the help we can get. What I don't tell them is after they spend all their green they should take their Yankee ass back home--pronto.

I'll be sore and slow in the morning, but a few weeks riding like today will have me in fighting shape.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?