Monday, April 07, 2008

 

I'm still laughing.......



I picked up a couple elder lady turons, from up north, who were going on a House and Garden Tour. One of the ladies was very very smart; after being in Charleston for only two hours she knew more about the town than I've learned in 4 years. Since she never seemed to stop talking I was impressed she could know so much...


We pulled up at #1 Pitt Street where their tour started. The old guy who lives next door was just leaving in his SUV which was parked on the street. When he pulled forward and was bought to a stop by a pile of trash my old ladies looked over and laughed at him. I think it pissed him off because he backed up, got a running start, and took out that pile of trash. He scattered sawed off boards, cardboard boxes and leaves all over the street for about a half a block. When he rounded the corner onto Beaufein Street you could still hear and see the big oak limb which got stuck under his car. I was laughing so hard I forgot to give the talker her change.


Comments:
Finding you via lowcountry blogs is a pleasant, but not unexpected surprise. I look forward to digging into your archives (hint: we're neighbors)
 
I'll be damn...didn't know anyone reads this stuff. Can you sharpen an axe?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?