Wednesday, April 09, 2008

 

Old man eats dust.....



Mary Odom was a graduate assistant in Jennifer's office at The Citadel. Mary and I have become biking buddies. We did a 40-mile ride around James Island and Folly Beach today. We were in luck--the wind was less than gale force for a change. Mary can drop me like a bad habit on a hill, but I always felt we were compatible on the flats. Right. I was doing a good job keeping up with her today until I pulled up beside her and saw her phone was out. Jeez.....I'm working like a dog and this kid is sending text messages?! Well, bet I can lift more weight.....no, no, no that is not a challenge.

Mary is off to Texas A&M this fall for her doctorate. Jennifer, Jack and I will miss her.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?