Wednesday, May 28, 2008

 

XC 2008 update.. how many turns in a square circle?



I'm packed. Three days to go before I fly out Saturday morning for Portland. Because of the van support I have plenty of room for my Ipod, portable computer, camera, Tom Tom navigation devise and cell phone--if all this electro-magnetic stuff gives me the big C I'll be pissed.
Maybe I should just stay home and look a pictures instead spending all the money and doing all the work? Then again, the last time I looked the wind was coming out of the west in Astoria; always a good sign if you're riding east. Uncle Bill and I have damn near made ourselves sick fretting about head winds...it's time for a change. On our first trip I final became one with the climbing, something I use to hate doing. This trip my goal is to be one with the winds.
I also have to remember a map reading lesson Patty Girl and I learned the hard way in South Caroline....If you're riding goal is motel 60 miles away and you start by riding 10 miles then turn left, ride another 10 miles turn left, ride 10 miles turn left and ride 10 more miles and turn left, you've gone 40 miles....BUT it's still 60 miles to the motel.

Comments:
Actually, it was 42 miles to the next motel when we left town...after riding 30 miles, we were 30 miles away...

We were never lost; we just took a big detour.
 
Maybe, maybe not. I like my account better.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?