Sunday, May 04, 2008

 

Dragon Boat Races


I'm more into human power machines than the average yahoo but don't get these flat stick people--paddlers. Isn't there a big power advantage to the lever and if so why not use it? I say get a set of oars! In spite of my flat stick prejudice I spent sometime checking out the Dragon Boat Races over on the Ashley River yesterday. You probably think these people are doing this for the exercise and are in good shape, but you would be wrong. I won't say everyone was in bad shape-- there were a few 20-30 year old people who looked like they could jog 100 yards--but most were over-weight, flabby folks. I ran into a couple ladies, with Dragon Team Tee shirts, coming out of the beer tent and asked them what kind of training they had to do for the race? Turns out they had a whole hour and a half of experience paddling the Dragon Boat ......AND WERE RACING THAT DAY. That's when it hit me; IT'S ABOUT THE PARTY MAN!!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?