Friday, June 20, 2008

 

2nd letter to my hotel friends in Charleston

This is my 2nd trip report for my friends in the hotel business in Charleston.
So far my bike buddies and I have been almost a thousand miles. I’m writing this email from Great Falls, Montana. Since my last report the bicycle riding has been a little like riding back and forth across the Copper River Bridge–lots of up the hill and down the hill. On route, we passed over Lolo Pass. This requires riding a steady up hill for about 60 miles, then we did the downhill into Missoula Montana. Since Missoula is surrounded by mountains, you don’t have to be to smart to figure out that the climbing ain’t over when you get there. Sure enough, a few days later we rode over the Continental Divide at Rogers Pass which is about 90 miles west of Missoula. So far we have been in Oregon, Washington State, Idaho and into Montana. We’ll be in Montana for several weeks, it’s the 4th largest state but only has a population about the size of Charleston. In the last few days we’ve stayed in Ovanda, MT population 61, Lincoln, MT population 1,100 and Augusta, MT population 284. Lots of open space around here.
The weather has turn from COLD to warm. We start the morning with a wind breaker on and finish the ride in short sleeves. I sweat like a pig going up hill and freezing to dead going down hill but don’t worry I’ll be complaining about the heat in a few days.
Hope you guys are all doing fine. Reports from the Bike Taxi business have been good but we can always use more so keep giving out those yellow business cards

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?