Friday, June 27, 2008

 

Big Timber to Columbus, MT...46 miles


I feel great...got 8 hours of sleep last night for the first time in many days. PCM is back.
For some insane reason the Rocks were on the road this morning at 8:00 AM going to what was described as self-service laundry that just happened to have a motel and truck stop on-sight. Conditions were perfect for a fast ride; slight downhill, tail wind and cool temperatures. By 11:30 AM, I was eating Chinese in Columbus with a whole afternoon to kill.. We did stop at Prairie Dog Town–a state park on route– and watched and were watched by the locals who kept barking their disapproval of our presents. My camera batteries ran out so I had to steal this picture off Google.
I also missed a great shot of a couple baby skunks but didn’t hang around for mom to show up.
Columbus and our motel turned out to be a pleasant surprised. I had a interstate truck stop pictured but it turned out to be a 1950's main street motel with a gas pumps out front and laundry in the back. Kind of old fashion but very clean....we did need the laundry.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?