Wednesday, June 04, 2008

 

Day 4...57 miles from Rainer to Portland.


Picture of Judy and Keith on St. John's Bridge going into Portland. It rained the first 25 miles today. I had on my upscale rain boots –plastic bags– which didn’t work to well when they rapped around the bike pedal. The group had five flat tires today, guess we’re officially on the way. We got off route and lost in Portland and don’t believe anyone made it without some problems, particularly finding the motel.
We have a vet in the group named Fred. I helped him get his bike fixed today. Pay back is hell, Scooter now has his own on-call vet.
I was talking to Rich tonight and it turns out he stayed at the Natchez Trace Motel when he rode the Trace. This is the same dump Uncle Bill, Jannie and I stayed at on our trip to Missoula from Fayette, Alabama. The good thing about this motel is that after staying there everything else is an improvement. I loved the broke down John Deere lawnmower with four flat tires sitting out front in 8 inch high grass.

Comments:
I remember when we rode through there in 2004. The only wrong turn we took on the trip was in Portland. Well...we just missed it be 4 blocks. Hope the winds are blowing the right way the next few weeks. Tom R.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?