Tuesday, June 17, 2008

 

Ovanda to Lincoln, Montana..28 miles


There is a K through 8th grade school in Ovanda and next year they will have one girl in the 8th grade. The kids here go 45 miles one-way to high school. No cell phones but good WIFI. The lady at Trixie’s Café last night did a great job waiting on us and taking care of her other duties. No screwing around just get the job done...a real pro. This morning she was working the other café in town which she owns.
The ride up to Lincoln was just that...mostly up as we get near to Rogers Pass. Several of the group took a detour to add some miles to this short day. I kept the ride as short as possible since I’ve come down with a cold and feel like hell. I can’t believe I survived 18 months with little Jack and not get a cold but come down with one the first time in years when I really need the energy. RATS! Tonight I take a magic pill and try to get some sleep.
We’re staying at the same motel here in Lincoln that Bill and Tom stayed at last August when we were in the area. Last year I drove here from Great Falls it took about 1 ½ hours. What I remember about the drive is that it’s ugly from a bicycling point of view. Lots of up and down even after we cross the pass.
The picture is the view we had from the B&B/Dude Ranch we stayed at near Ovanda.

Comments:
Papa, you never got one of my colds because I was always very careful to put my hand over my mouth when I coughed and wash my hands afterwards.

I miss you very much, Papa. We were looking at pictures last night and I pointed to you and said, "Papa."

Love, Jack
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?