Tuesday, June 10, 2008

 

Pomeroy, WA to Lewiston, Idaho 32 miles and Rest day


I took this picture down the road a bit in Oregon. Normally, as long as there are trees, bushes, back alleys, deserts or tin cans I'd never visit one of these guys but this one came highly recommended by one of my riding buddies. It turned out to be clean and best of all fume free. I had to have a picture.
On this trip we have three kinds of riders, 1. Rocks: slow on the up hill but we'll run your ass down on the down hill, 2. Rabbits: good all around riders, not the best going up or going down and 3. Feathers: little ass folks who float up the hills without effort. We had only one feather, Hal, and he is just riding the first segment and is going home today. Hal, at 69, is a great feather, so good we are renaming the classification to Bubbles. right now we have no bubbles, just Bubble want to Be's. It will be interesting to see who steps up.
Our ride over the hill from Pomeroy to Lewiston yesterday gave us a chance to practise our climbing which will come in handy the next few days. There were some negative comments about the accommodations here in Lewiston but tomorrow in Winchester this place will seem like the Hilton. Also, the phone service will be sketchy all the way to Missoula. I think it's going to be great fun.

Comments:
Dear Papa,

I miss you. Mom says the house has been very clean since you left and we don't have to eat carrots in our marinara sauce. But we have to talk the dogs every morning. Mom is lazy and doesn't walk them in the afternoons. There's a white SUV down the street, like yours, and everytime I see it, I say, "Papa!"

Mom keeps reminding me that you're far away.

We have a new ice-cream maker. Mom made strawberry ice-cream last weekend and is talking about making BUTTERMILK ice-cream this weekend.

Hope you are having fun. We miss you!

Love, Jack
 
Jack, your my best buddy..

Papa
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?