Tuesday, June 03, 2008

 

XC 2008 1st riding day...


Today we rode down to Seaside, OR for the traditional dip the bike wheel in the Pacific Ocean. I wasn’t about to drag my baby over 1/4 mile of sandy beach and did the dip my finger in the sea and bless the bike trick; much cleaner. We also did the group pictures–almost as bad as a wedding, only cheaper. My new friend Judy was having problems on the hills so we found a bike shop and got her a new cassette which has the lower gearing needed for touring. Had dinner at Lamp Lighter which serves Bosnian cuisine; not bad. It takes forever for 14 people to have dinner together and by the time we finished it was light out; a bunch of tired puppies.
After dinner tonight I meet a local kid who is in the process of buying a couple of bike taxis to run in Astoria. Nice kid. We took turns riding each other around in the cab shown in attached picture.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?