Wednesday, June 04, 2008

 

XC 2008 day 3...50 miles Astoria to Rainer, OR

We had a couple big climbs today and I felt comfortable doing them. It’s the first time I’ve been on a real hill in several years. It was kind of scary doing the 30 mph plus down hill runs. I tried to give Judy some moral support on the climbs and staying with her kept me in a comfortable zone all day. I’ve also bonded with a Asian guy named Keith; his grandparents came from Japan and were fishermen in Washington State. What a crew we make, a Japanese American, from Seattle who can’t program a bike computer; a retired Army officer from New Jersey with a sign on her desk that says, "I’ve got a gun and I’ve got PMS, any questions?" and a bike taxi rider from SC.
We’re staying at the Budget Motel. When I saw the place it made me wish I had my piece but turned out to be just fine; hot water, clean sheets. We did a group cook-out with wild salmon as the main course.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?