Tuesday, July 22, 2008

 

Wapello to fort Madison, Iowa...62 miles.


We had a route change today because of washed out bridges from the rains a few weeks ago. Making a change in Iowa is easy with their free bicycle maps, just stay on the blue roads and off the red roads.
We usually have 3-4 groups on the road with one to three people in each one. With everyone going with in 2-3 mph of each other it's not surprising we see each other over the course of the day. One day Ron, Cal and I passed Miriam about 4 times. Today Rich was riding with us and we passed Betty and Bruce at least 3 times. I took the picture at the left we we all ended up at the same Kum and Go.
The only good restaurant in Wapello burned down a few weeks ago and the only good one in Fort Madison is on holiday. So last night we ate at a grocery store deli and ordered pizza to the motel tonight.......the pits. I mean if your going to be burning all these calories you should be able to get some good grub.

Comments:
Jim, I am from Burlington Iowa which I assume you rode through to get to Ft. Madison. You are right - Ft. Madison is lacking in restaurants - however, if I would have known you were stopping there I could have given you the name of a couple decent ones - oh well.

We see Jennifer pushing Jack around the neighborhood regularly- but I think I really think he misses you pulling him around in the pedi-cab.
 
Yea, we've had some bad luck with restaurants....one burned down and a good one in Ft. Madison was on summer vacaation.

I really liked riding in Iowa, we used the state bicycle maps which give you a lot of options and the people there are bike friendly.

Next year you guys will have to join us.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?