Monday, August 11, 2008

 

Throwing in the towel...

Well I made it to Tupelo, Mississippi and have rented a car to take me to Charleston. I figure 3,900 miles and 9 weeks on the road is about enough. Since I've crossed Alabama and the Florida Panhandle many time in a car and several times on a bike it had no appeal. Just more small dry towns and fast food joints, not to mention pine trees. After my other cross country trips I always wanted to keep riding and always wondered how many days and how many miles would be before I was ready to come home. Now I know. Plus, Carolina Belle is coming to visit Charleston and I don't want to miss her visit. AND.. I miss little Jack, his mom and Scooter.

My only regret is leaving a bunch of fine folks behind who have made this a great trip. Special thanks to Rich my roommate and tour leader and all the guys who rode with me this last month including Ron, Cal and Frank.

I plan to spend a couple days seeing friends in Alabama, go home for some R&R and start back on the Bike Taxi in early September.

P.S. Jack said, "Papa" when he saw a Charleston Tour Guide with a gray beard the other day. Time to go home before he forgets me.

Comments:
Don't forget your sushi buddy...I know you miss me too!!!
 
Sushi Girl...how do you do????
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?