Wednesday, October 01, 2008

 

update..


My friend Patty Girl says I needed to get a new picture on this blog. The old one down below is a little early for Halloween and might scare innocent children. Maybe if I ride a bicycle as big and unusual as the one in this picture, folks will take the phone out of their ear long enough to miss me.
The policeman gave me a ticket for not having automobile insurance. This is SOP and a requirement by SC Dept. of Motor Vehicles. Apparently it's up to me to write and tell them I was on a bicycle--now I'm starting to get a headache. Also, I've got to talk someone into taking these stitches out of my head. Who needs 8 years of medical training to cut a stitch? All you need is a little pain killer and small scissors. So..Paddy Boy, when are you getting home, I'll bring the rum?
AND..yes I will start wearing my bike helmet to and from work.

Labels:


Comments:
Jim, If I read this right, you do NOT plan to wear a protective helmet AS YOU WORK? Only "to and from?"

Do any of the pedicab people wear a helmet?

Have they looked at you - and the results of your crash - and STILL decline to wear protection.

Am I missing something here?
 
In the bike taxi biz you ride people around town. These are very stable bikes and won't tip over. Also we ride in a historic area where traffic speed is dictated by horse carriages. Is it safe? Well the cost of insurance for a pedicab that's on the street 10 plus hours per day is $150.00/year.
 
Most people know how I feel about bikes being on the road, but I see no problem with the pedicabs downtown. Traffic is SUPPOSED to be slow down there with the carriages, and pedestrians.
I have never seen a pedicab behave as some of cyclists I see behave around the area.
But to have auto insurance for a pedicab..no wait back up, the very IDEA that the cop wrote you a ticket while you are there bleeding from a car hit that wasn't your fault is utterly ridiculous!
Now you have to write to a state bureaucracy to prove you were on a bike! The cop couldn't write in his report that the person who is bleeding was on a pedicab!
I am sorry you had such an accident.
I go downtown every weekend and I always look with longing at those pedicabs, but I care too much to make anyone pull my weight around.
As for stitches removal...I know a thing or tow about removing surgical staples!!! Read my blog entry on that here.
.
 
Ms. Rose, thanks for your conncerns. No auto insurance for pedicabs just liability. I was not riding a pedicab when hit, it was my regular bike.

We all love what we do and can't believe were getting paid to have such a good time. It is fun for us to pull someone around, so jump on next time your in town.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?