Wednesday, August 12, 2009

 

New England trip..



Day One; It took me nearly 30 hours to get door to door from my house in Charleston to Patty's house in Boston. Even though Delta was screwing around with me in Charleston, Ron charged me for the dinner I did not eat in New England. Fair is fair, right? I figure it's another notch in Delta's 'let's screw the customer belt.'
I was so late getting in I missed the first days ride with Derna and Ron--based on their scarry hill stories probably not a bad thing. Patty met me at the airport and with Sarah's help we caught up by driving to Brattleboro and got in just in time to go to bed. DELTA!!!!!
Day 2; Brattleboro VT to Manchestter Village, Vt., 48.1 miles if you believe that piece of crap odometer Patty has on her bike which by the way won her the closest to correct milage and a free drink for the day. Derna and Ron kicked butt on the hills today and believe me, there were plenty of hills..probably over 2,500 ft in climbing, says Ron. We're staying at the Inn at Manchester.
We saw several covered bridges, lots of green hill and met some nice folks. Picture is of Patty at one of the many river crossings.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?