Friday, September 11, 2009

 

Some observations..no it's not about the kid!

Comcast Communications: Auburn was going to be televised on ESPNU last week-end so I went to comcast.com to see what the deal was regarding this channel. They had a web page dedicated to this channel with an 800 number to call so I made the call. A nice lady answered the phone and I assumed she works for Comcast but thinking back I'm not so sure. She said she never heard of ESPNU but would look on the channel line up for me. After awhile during which I finished my drink and made a sandwich, she came back and said she couldn't find ESPNU and that Comcast didn't have this channel. I paused a moment to settled into my chair for the battle ahead. Then I filled her in on the Comcast website with particular emphasis on the fact I was looking at her companies information which said they indeed had ESPNU. She knew the battle was lost and did what they all do when this happens, "Sir, I'll transfer your call to new services who'll fix you right up." I explained to her that I called the 800 NUMBER her company told me to call about ESPNU and that now I was going to call satellite TV to see what, if anything, their people knew about their website. Do you think Comcast is using the same company to train their folks as AOL?

Bust-in a sag: I was leaving Harris Teeter downtown a few days ago and the guy in front of me had the baddest bust-in a sag I've ever seen. The part of the pants where his fanny should have been was around his knees. How do people walk in these things? I had to find out so hung around the bicycle rack watching him shuffle away then got on my bicycle and slowly followed him. Right after he turned the corner of the building he stopped pulled those pants up around his chest--no siht-- tightened the buckle and walked away looking normal. You know, fanny near the crouch or the pants. This also explains the bulky tee shirts which are there to hide the belt buckle around the chest.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?