Thursday, September 17, 2009

 

Yoga...

It's true: if you were limited to only one exercise program it would have to be yoga. Yoga provides strength training, stretching and to a lesser degree a cardiovascular work out--hot yoga. In addition the meditation experience is outstanding.

However, boys beware....this is a activity which, if it were competitive, most women would whip yo-ass. Being light and flexible is a big plus.

I've been doing yoga 3-4 times a week when I get up in the morning. I start by stretching in bed and work myself into a Downward Dog as I get out of bed. After some sun salutations I call it a done deal. Makes me feel better all day. Earlier this week I showed up at the 8:15AM Yoga Hour at Holy cow Yoga Center taught by Steven. Steven and I were the only guys in the group of 15-20. Lucky for Steven he was able to talk himself around doing all the posses by walking around the room checking out all the girls. Pedicabman, on the other hand, tried to keep up with the ladies and darn near pulled a muscle and got cramps from the effort. My tee shirt was dripping for crying out loud. The next morning I could barely get out of the bed.

Now I have to make a decision, do I go back to what I now call lazy yoga or go back down to Holy Cow for another ass whipping by the girls?

Comments:
Get your old, tired, understretched ass down to Holy Cow and get 'er done. Then, come on over to my place for a cup of coffee and tell me about it.
 
Another college kid with a plan for the old guy..
 
Man up!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?