Sunday, October 11, 2009

 

Running the pits..

It was a week of running that started out good and just went down hill and by the time my long run came around I ended up having a bad day and cut the run a mile short. In my defense the conditions for the long run were the pits. Muggy, muggy muggy. The first drop of sweat and every other drop of sweat stayed with me the entire run...Lake Wallace does the Greenway. No siht, it was 78F at 5:30 AM and 120% humidity in the fog banked Greenway. By the time I crawled back to the house all I wanted to do was get in the shower with kilt, five finger shoes and everything else. Turns out everything else included my cell phone. Twenty four hours latter I feeling a little better but the cell phone drown and I still don't have a working phone in spite of spending $200 bucks on a new one. Lack of phone commiseration is killing me.

On a positive note, I've been listening to podcasts about running. Virtual running partners. You can run along listening to other folks running and talking about their running--AND not worry about running someones else's pace and you can flick a switch to turn em off. The really great thing about this is if your in a low point it nice to hear other people who are going through the same thing or even better being motivative by someone who's on a high.

Of course, I had to run out and get a recorder so I can do my own podcasts which I wanted to post on this blog but haven't been able to figure out how to do it. It takes a few hours to get use to hearing that strange voice when you do a play back. If elephants talked they would sound just like me. If you want to hear my podcast let me know and I'll email you a copy.







Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?