Monday, October 19, 2009

 

Better days.......

What a difference a week makes. Couldn't get going a couple weeks ago on my long run and then this weekend nothing could stop me. I had planned on 8-9 miles but ran into an old guy on the Greenway who was walking 10 miles; I figured if a 73 year old can walk 10 I should be able to run the same amount. It didn't hurt that the weather was perfect for running. Also, my Chi Running form has started to kick in and has improved my speed. My average pace for the week is down by almost two minutes per mile since reading the Chi Running book.

Total miles last week were 24 which is about the same as the week before but this week I only ran 4 days instead 5 or 6 days. This week it was 2 each six mile days, 1 two mile day and the 10 mile long run. In the past I almost never took off more than one day? On all the off days and some of the running days I crossed trained by riding my pedicab to work downtown and probably did close to 100 miles for the week. Maybe I need longer recovery time after turning 50 or the cross training is helping?

For several months now I've been mixing up a morning drink with Joint Juice a liquid glucosamine supplement, Majestic Earth liquid plant derived minerals and in the last few weeks a liquid vitamin D supplement. I also take some fish oil for Omega 3's. Then after long runs I add a sports recovery drink call Endurox R4. Also been eating lots of raw fruit and vegetables and stretching after long runs. I've lost about 10 pounds and feel GREAT...a study of one means nothing but I ain't changing anything. Back 5-6 years ago when I was training for marathons I'd take hand fulls of Motrin to keep going. So far this time around I've take about four Motrin in 8 weeks.

Bye the way, did you see the 101 year old guy from England who is training for the London Marathon? He said he ran 1/2 marathon in New York in 5 hours and stopped along the way for a fag.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?