Friday, December 25, 2009

 

Row row your boat....


I've been rowing 3-4 days a weeks and about 4-6 miles each time. It's been fun getting to know all my old friends again. I'll see Dolphins just about every day shrimping in the channel. A Brown Pelican will fly across about six inches off the water and splash down a few feet from my boat and beg for fish. He doesn't like bandannas or power bars and tosses them back after a quick taste--I tell him baggers can't be choosers. Osprey can been seen about every quarter mile on Wappoo Cut and sometimes I'm luck enough to see one catch a fish.

Then there are people AND every kind of boat imaginable. I made my case with the attached photo. Roger the Earth-Ball Guy is taking the boat pictured around the world. His boat is basically a floating dock with 3 outboards motors, a bio-sphere to keep out the rain, plenty of electronic gear to communicate with on the adventure and a generator for power. It cost less than my rowboat; talk about on the cheap. Here is his web site: http://earthball.org/





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?