Thursday, September 30, 2010

 

Day 2

Day 2: Dalphine Island to Vancleave, Ms...65 miles. Several things happened that day:
A. There was some rain and we ate at the Waffle House in Bayou La Batre.

B. I got dehydrated and stopped riding after 35 miles. Caught a ride to Vancleave where we were staying at the Bluff Creek Campground in a cabin.

C. No sheets on the bed had to ride to the nearest Dollar Store and buy some.

D. The women in the camper next to our cabin asked me if I was the cyclist that her dog bit. I told her it wasn't me. She said not to run if he started to chase me. I started looking for a gun to borrow.

E. I wasn't feeling any better by the time Cal and Ron arrive at Camp Hell. All the things that could be wrong started to panic me. Not having a physical exam in 15 years didn't help. Cal and I hitched a ride to the emergency room.

F. According to the staff at the emergency room most people would love to be in my physical condition. Relieved and fortified with a vodka I got a good nights sleep.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?